Thursday, November 24, 2011

“Leandro Nayeli“
“Leandro Nayeli“, I whispered with a smile on my face. It was the 08.09.07 my father´s birthday when he told me my, as yet unborn, little brother´s name. I was so happy and excited. It was my desire that his name would be “Nayeli”-it´s a Native American name and it means “I love you”. I thought about him the whole afternoon. While my father’s birthday party took place I sat next to Silvana, my father´s girlfriend. I wanted to know everything about her pregnancy, her feelings and her fears. Me, my Daddy, Silvana and my father´s best friends were all sitting really close to each other in the tiny living room. Some friends sat on oriental pillows around the small table and we others sat on the beautiful old sofa. It was such a wonderful atmosphere. We were all listening to nice music; everybody was talking about their lives, apart from me. I was just their in my thoughts, thinking about Leandro Nayeli. I was sure I couldn´t wait two more month for his birthdate. I wanted to feel the small warm body as soon as possible. Suddenly I woke up out of my day dreams and thoughts. Silvana asked everybody if we wanted to eat Chilli Con Carne. She had made my father’s favourite dinner. Everybody was hungry apart from me. My stomach was full of happy and excited baby-feelings. Silvana left the warm living room. My father came to my side and gave me a warm Daddy-hug. A tiny tear of joy ran over my face. Suddenly we heard a scream. It came out of the kitchen. Silvana was there, alone! My father jumped up and ran into the kitchen. I was so worried. What had happened? Nessy, a good friend of my father, told me it would be better to stay there, but I couldn´t. What, if she was fallen on her stomach?! I went in the kitchen. Daddy was holding Silvana. I couldn´t believe my eyes…why was he smiling?! He told me that everything was all right with Silvana was just that Leandro would born in a few hours. I began to laugh. We all stood in the kitchen and began to laugh. My father took Silvana to the hospital and Nessy took me home. As soon as I arrived home I told my mum and my nine year old sister this story. I couldn´t fall asleep that night. At 1 a.m. my father called me. “Leandro Nayeli” was born he told me.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked your story... It´s very original and cute... I Nayeli a true native name?

    ReplyDelete